Welcome to FSUTMSOnline
This web portal is maintained by the Systems Planning Office
of the Florida Department of Transportation. It is designed to serve as a central location for the exchange and sharing of data, information and ideas among the transportation modelers in Florida. We hope you will find it useful and visit often.
NEWS AND EVENTS
Friday, April 03, 2015
The Florida Department of Transportation has scheduled the Model Task Force Meetings for May 5-7 in Orlando, FL. In preparation for the meeting, the FDOT Central Office Modeling Section is requesting proposals for presentations from the Florida modeling community. The Florida Department of Transportation invites you to provide a short, 3-page maximum, proposal that outlines your innovative modeling approach, unique data application, cutting-edge innovations, or other topics that the modeling community would find interesting and useful. From these proposals, some will be selected to round out the Model Task Force meeting agenda.
Thank you for your active participation in helping enhance travel demand modeling knowledge in the state of Florida,
Please email your proposals to Gabrielle Matthews by Friday, April 10, 2015:
Friday, April 03, 2015
The Florida Model Task Force will meet May 5-7, 2015, in Orlando. Please note that the Embassy Suites Jamaican Court location now has stricter reservation policies.
> The cut-off date for being assured of getting the special $129 room rate is April 13.
> To cancel your reservation without a penalty, you must cancel at least 72 hours prior to arrival.
We therefore encourage you to make your reservation now, but mark your calendar with the cancellation deadline in case you later find that you are unable to attend.
Florida Model Task Force Meeting -- May 5-7, 2015
Begins 1:00 PM Tuesday; ends noon Thursday
Embassy Suites -- International Drive/Jamaican Court
8250 Jamaican Court, Orlando, FL 32819
Reservation Number: 1-800-EMBASSY
Special Hotel Rate: $129 if reserved by April 13, 2015
Group Code: DOT
Reservation Cancellation Deadline: 72 hours prior to arrival
To help us set up the meeting accommodations, please let us know if you intend to participate by submitting your registration. Click the link below; scroll down to the MTF meeting; then click the word "Register" in orange.
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
FDOT District 5 currently has a vacant position for an ISD Transportation Specialist VII
located in the Environmental Management Office. Please visit the following link to view the position description on People First: Vacant Position
. Applicants must apply online by Wednesday, November 19, 2014
- Prepares Transportation Systems and Design traffic projections, design factors project traffic demand and Equivalent Loading Accumulations for pavements design, roadway and bridge design, Project Development & Environmental Studies and traffic operations and safety studies. Develops and maintains a variety of methodologies and techniques for preparing traffic projects for a variety of needs and situations; prepare traffic projection; develop and apply quality control checks and measures for traffic projections; Review the reasonableness and accuracy of traffic projects from other sources.
- Provides technical support for Florida Standard Urban Transportation Model Structure (FSUTMS) resources for the statewide Model Task Force (MTF), modeling users groups, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) district office and Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) agencies.
- Provides MPO'S and other local planning agencies technical training assistance for highway, transit and freight statewide, regional and urban transportation models.
- Develops and coordinates transportation modeling, land use (growth management) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) integration methodologies to provide technical support for MPO and district transportation plans update.
- Performs duties related to strategic planning, resource allocation, staff modeling, leadership techniques, and production methods.
- Provides consultation and expert advice to Department of Transportation (DOT) staff, municipal, county and other governmental agencies on technical, systems-related, or process related topics to the development of land use studies, capacity analysis, trip generation, conceptual and geometric design.
- Monitors modeling programs, approves funding, tasks, scopes, and confirms the disposition of awards, and other agreements. Reviews Level of Service Analyses, Right-of Way and other transportation facility needs assessments. Develops and refines urban area models used in travel forecasting. Reviews and analyzes the output of computer models as necessary for other responsibilities
- Manages contracts, including scope development, contract negotiations, product review, invoices approval, and consultant evaluation. Processes procurement services invoices. Researches and recommends purchases to management related to modeling.
Serves as liaison to consultant engineer, planners, City, County and other State Agencies on planning-related issues such as the development of Long Range Transportation Plans invoices.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
The presentation slides and the session recording of the FSUTMS Webinar: Introduction to Cube Cloud
given on October 15, 2014 are now available online.
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Join us for a FSUTMS Training webinar on October 15, 2014, on Cube Cloud
Topics will include:
Introduction to Cube Cloud
- Guidelines for preparing models to be uploaded to the Cloud
- Exporting and uploading your model to the Cloud using Cube
- Performing model runs using the Cube Cloud website
- Data analyzing on Cube Cloud
- Sharing your model using web-based administration functions
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
1:30 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
Reserve your webinar seat now at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/913743434
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
The new FSUTMS Modeling Training Schedule is now posted online. The following courses are currently being offered:
- FSUTMS Transit Modeling Workshop - June 16 - 19, 2014 - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- FSUTMS Comprehensive Modeling Workshop - June 23 - 27, 2014 - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- FSUTMS Cube Avenue (DTA) Workshop - July 1 - July 2 - Tampa, FL
- FSUTMS Model Calibration - July 14 - 17 - Orlando, FL
Detailed information about each workshop is provided on the Training & Meeting Registration
Monday, March 17, 2014
The Florida Model Task Force Meeting will take place on March 25 - 27, 2014 in Orlando, FL. This meeting will serve as a great opportunity for us to follow up on ideas and implementation strategies for future modeling efforts that were discussed at our last full Model Task Force meeting.
March 25-27, 2014 - Florida Model Task Force Meeting
Begins at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday and ends at Noon on Thursday
Meeting Location / Hotel Information
Embassy Suites - Int'l Drive/Jamaican Court
8250 Jamaican Court, Orlando, FL 32819
Reservation Number: 1-800-327-9797
Hotel Rate: $123.00; Special Rate Deadline: March 15, 2014
Group Code: DOT or Model Task Force Meeting
Online Hotel Reservation Link